The Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is a group of home schooling parents who help set WISDOM’s direction and policy. They meet twice a year for an in-camera meeting, and twice a year along with the Facilitators, Office Staff, and Board of Directors.
- Make themselves available for contact by our WISDOM families (see the "Read More" section of each bio for contact information)
- Welcome brand new families
- Gather and/or write articles for the WISDOM website and magazine
- Take political action on behalf of homeschoolers
- Encourage families to get involved in home education politics
- Keep you informed of current issues concerning home schooling (watch for inserts with the WISDOM Magazine)
Read more for the full PAC job description.
Parent Advisory Council Job Description:
- PAC is a resource for the families of WISDOM. This role is not to be administrative.
- PAC is to provide new ideas to WISDOM.
- PAC is able to and should be politically active in areas regarding home schooling.
- PAC can be a support for a facilitator if a family in their area requires additional advice.
- PAC is not responsible for organizing events but encouraged to assist; they participate as parents, but also as ambassadors for WISDOM.
- PAC are ambassadors for WISDOM by their lifestyle.
- PAC provides prayer and moral support to WISDOM.
They must be WISDOM parents and profess the Apostles’ Creed.